Anyone can start a business regardless of his or her age. For instance, I started my first company when I was 18 and closed it when I was 22. As you may have guessed it wasn’t a profitable one but I’ve learned many lessons that helped me over the years.
Since then I started five other companies and have learned and meet with other hundreds of entrepreneurs.
I’ve come to realize that most successful entrepreneurs share these are ten common characteristics.
10 Main Characteristics you should have or train
- Have a passion. As ancient Chinese sage Confucius said, Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
- Have a purpose. This should be your most defining trait. Where many wander through life trying to find their Self, the successful entrepreneur is too busy creating his Self. Every day he does something to bring himself closer to his goal. He isn’t a wanderer, he’s going places; it’s so obvious that everyone around him can see it.
- You need to be a hard worker. He knows that nothing great is accomplished without hard work and a definite purpose.
- Be persistent and don’t quit easily . He’s the tortose not the hare. He’s the last person standing. So make sure that before you close the shop you tried all methods to make it work. If still doesn’t work at least you’ll have pace of mind that you tried everything you could, and latter you would not ask yourself “What if…”
- Be learned and educated. A degree isn’t a prerequisite, but a thirst for knowledge is. You should want to learn and improve yourself. Nowadays there are tons of courses and books online so make sure you stay up to date with new things in your work field.
- Be courageous. Don’t lack fear, rather accept that it exists and faces it at every opportunity.
- Know who you are and your values should govern your life. Don’t stray from these values, in fact stand up for them. Even when you stand alone in what you believes is right, dig your heels in and fight.
- Know the value of every word, and doen’t talk simply to hear the sound of your own voice. Your words should be chosen carefully. Whether you’re writing or speaking, doen’t speak to be hear, speak when you have something of value to say. Don’t be the loudest one in the room.
- You should be the warrior not a worrier. You have to understand that certain things aren’t under your control. Do everything you can to control what you can, but don’t worry about what you can’t. Don’t be worried about tomorrow, you should be too busy working for today.
- Be a leader who leads by example. Send the right message to your employees, business partners, customers and colleagues. You may think that your work can speak for itself, but your professional image and everyday demeanor may not project the impression that you ultimately want.Just as you make snap judgments every day about others, the people you come into contact with make assumptions about you based on each interaction.
This are in my opinion then main characteristics you should train if you want to be an successful entrepreneur. Let me know by commenting bellow if you think there are some other that needs to be added or deleted from the list.
If you are thinking to start an online business or you already own one check several of our articles that will help you do things better.