The annual report of any organization is compiled at the end of each year to show shareholders how the organization has performed in the past year.
The aim is to better position the organization towards the future, where to begin the next year and continue to be a going concern.
The performance of any organization can be analyzed through annual reports. Divisions which recorded profits, investments which are growing and even divisions which need some form or change management can be deduced from the annual report.
See the report here https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/rf-buying-guides/hotels
Most successful hotel brands are focused on portfolio enhancement, quality, diversification and transaction-oriented, marketing investment, stakeholder equity, and business performance. These stem from the Brand Strength.
Brand Strength refers to the efficacy of the brand’s performance on the imperceptible dealings relative to its competitors. In order to measure the brand strength of any brand, we look at these three indices: Stakeholder Equity, Marketing Investment and how these two indices impact Business Performance.
Each brand is assigned a Brand Strength Index(BSI) score out of 100. Based on the score the brand gets, it is assigned a rating like AAA+ in a format that is somewhat similar to a credit rating.
Marketing investment refers to the widely recognized factors deployed by marketers to aid in the creation of brand loyalty and market share for the brand.
Stakeholder Equity is the perception of the part owners of the business and various stakeholder groups with customers been the focus and Business performance refers to financial measures in addition to qualitative market measures that tie in together to represent the success of the brand in its aim to achieve volume and price premium.
The top 10 most successful hotel brands are listed below with their Brand value – which refers to the brand as a marketing-related, intangible asset including, but not limited to, names, terms, signs, symbols, designs, logos, intended in the use to identify goods, services or other entities, creating distinct images and associations in the minds of stakeholders, thereby generating economic gains.
- The Hilton- with a ranking at first place. The brand value of the Hilton stands at $6,330million, although it is a 24% drop from its brand value of $8,370milliom of the previous year. The Hilton has its home country like the United States of America. It has a brand strength of AAA-.
- The Marriot- with a ranking at second place. The brand value of the Marriot stands at $5,464million which is an 8% increase from its brand value of $5,037million of the previous year with its home country as the United States of America. It has a brand strength rated AAA-.
- The Hyatt- with a ranking at third place. The brand value of the Hyatt stands at $3,512million which saw a drop of 13% from its brand value figure of $4,037million from the previous year. The home country of the Hyatt is also the United States of America. It has a brand rating of AA+.
- The Holiday Inn- with a ranking at fourth place. The brand value of the Holiday Inn stands at $ 3,292million which sees an increase of 8% from the previous year. The home country of the Holiday Inn is England with a brand rating of triple A. i.e. AAA.
- The Courtyard Marriot- with a ranking at fifth place. The brand value of the Courtyard Marriot stands at $3,018m which is an increase from $2,421million by 25% from the previous year. The home country of the Courtyard Marriot is the United States of America with a brand rating of AAA-.
- The Shangri-La- with a ranking at sixth place. The brand value of the Shangri-La stands at $2,221million which shows at an increase by 35% from $1,650million in the previous year. The home country of the Shangri-La is Hong Kong and they have a brand rating of AAA-.
- The Wyndham- with a ranking at seventh place. The brand value of the Wyndham stands at $1,976million which sees a 32% increase from the previous year’s figure of $$1,492million. The home country of the Wyndham is the United States of America and they have a brand rating of AAA-.
- Sheraton- coming up in eighth place on the list, Sheraton has a brand value that stands at $1,902million which sees a decrease by a whopping 50% from the previous year figure that stood at $3,819million. A lot of factors might be responsible for this and it would show on the annual report. The home country of Sheraton is the United States of America and it has a brand rating of AAA-.
- The Ramada- with a ninth-place ranking on the list. The brand value of the Ramada stands at $1,890million which sees a 13% increase from the previous year value of $1,676million. The home country of the Ramada is the United States of America and it has a brand rating of AAA-.
- The Hampton- coming in at a tenth place, the Hampton has a brand value of $1,784million which sees a 23% decrease in their brand value from the previous year figure which stands at $2,306million. The home country of the Hampton is the United States and it has a brand rating of AAA-.
Most annual reports of successful hotel brands will include content that is not limited to a foreword which would be a keynote address by the CEO of the organization, there would also be a short detailed note which would state a brief introduction about the organization, contact details of the organization would also be included, there would be a definition of terms for clarity sake, executive summary, full table, consulting service, etc.
All this put together would give stakeholders a clear cut picture of the hotel performance for the year just ended. Although this is not a determinant of the services within the hotels itself but a determination of the financial position of the hotel.
This report is often a matter of public record unless in special circumstances.
Image source: