“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a common phrase with powerful meaning in our modern media-driven society. One misinterpreted picture posted to social media can end longtime friendships and cause heated arguments among strangers.
Pictures are powerful, and that power can be used to enhance your website content. A well-organized website with crisp content-related photos or infographics can help to increase the professional look of your business. Here are three reasons why you should include pictures on your website.
- According to Yellow Pages for Business, websites with images get 94 per cent more views than pages without.
- The 2018 Social Media Marketing Industry Report shows that “When people hear information, they’re likely to remember only 10% of that information three days later. However, if a relevant image is paired with that same information, people retained 65% of the information three days later.”
- Another important thing to keep in mind is that images can help you show up in search engine results, and chances are if someone has to pick between an article with or without images they’re going to pick the picture.
Clearly, it’s worth it to include pictures as part of your content.
People will be more likely to look at your site and stay engaged in your material if you have photos and infographics.
Now that we’ve established how important it is to have visual content on your website the next question is how to include it?
What images should I add?
What is picture-worthy, and where should the pictures be?
Here are a few suggestions for incorporating pictures into your content.
- Don’t be afraid to be personal with your pictures. If you own a doctor’s office or other medical practice, then include pictures of your staff. A nice group shot along with headshots accompanying each of your employees’ bios is a nice touch. It will help your office to seem more inviting and give engaging content to your website.
- Have high-quality pictures or infographics throughout your website. A nice slideshow gallery or collage can help to highlight your services and give your product a personalized touch.
- Try and have a picture on every page of your website. Just an image of people talking is more engaging than a blank screen with a bunch of words. Pictures can help to break up the monotony of text and make your information seem more manageable.
Where to get free images
If you need images but aren’t sure where to get them, there are plenty of free online resources that are available.
Some free high-quality picture websites are:
With social media and the thousands of images, people are exposed to each day, pictures have become a necessity as part of the content of a website. When people see a bunch of text, they tend to turn off and click away.
By having photos that are engaging throughout your information people will be more prone to click into and stay on your website. It doesn’t take much-added effort to incorporate a picture, but it does make a world of a difference.
If you don’t have a website yet, there are tons of great affordable website options all over the place that you can use to get you started.