To survive and thrive in this highly competitive business world, having an online presence is not enough.
In this mobile-obsessed world, people find it easier to browse the web from their smartphones rather than desktop computers. A recent survey conducted by Statista suggests that more than 52% of web traffic comes from mobile devices.
In order to provide mobile users with an awesome, smooth experience, more and more businesses are thinking to create a mobile-friendly website to make it easier for mobile users to access their sites.
Regardless of the industry, you are operating in; if you really want to stay ahead of the curve, it’s the right time to optimize your website for mobile users.
If you are thinking to optimize your website for mobile and wondering where to start, here are some effective strategies for creating a mobile-friendly website.
Create an Awesome Mobile Website Design
Keep in mind that mobile users are very goal oriented; they want easy to use options and functionalities that make it easier for them to find what they need.
Creating an effective mobile web design that offers a strong user experience and persuades users to take the desired action is the key to success.
When it comes to creating an awesome mobile website design that offers a great UX and generates more conversions, you need to take these design principles in mind.
- Keep your CTAs visible to increase your chances of getting more conversions
- Make it easier for people to find a unique selling point.
- Create an easy-to-use and short navigation menu.
- Make the site search visible so that visitors can easily find what they need.
- You can add search filters to provide users with accurate results.
- Don’t frustrate visitors by showing popups.
- Choose the easiest ways for users to fill the signup form.
- Keep the lead form short, easy to read, and to-the-point.
- Include high-quality product images and video backgrounds.
By keeping these important points in mind, you can easily come up with an aesthetically pleasing and functional mobile website design.
A professional web design agency can also help you create an effective design strategy for your mobile site and create a design that provides better and memorable UX.
Focus on Your Page Speed
If your website loads fast on a laptop doesn’t mean it will load on phones and tablets with the same speed. Websites that load fast can get higher rankings on search engine pages and generate more leads.
How can your website appear on the top search result and get more conversions if your page takes forever to load?
It is important to reduce the mobile load time by following these simple steps:
- Improve your web server software or configuration
- Enhance the quality and scope of your web hosting service
- Minimize redirects to accelerate mobile page speed
- Carefully and repeatedly measure round-trip times
- Put JS at the bottom and CSS at the top of HTML files
- Use gzip compression to reduce the file size
Use Accelerated Mobile Pages
It is a smart strategy to optimize your web pages for mobile users as Google has officially integrated accelerated mobile pages into the mobile search algorithm. If your pages are not loading quickly, it will eventually make your users leave your website immediately. Here accelerated mobile pages (AMP) come into play.
AMP is basically the open source initiative project that helps brands to create mobile sites which can load faster. There are three important components of building accelerated mobile pages:
- AMP HTML -HTML custom tags command to create dynamic content tailored for mobile devices. It makes it easier to code common patterns.
- AMP Cache – It ensures every page works efficiently without any external source dependence. It fetches and caches all AMP HTML sites by using a content delivery network to make some important performance optimization.
Compress Images to Increase the Speed
Images are the most important elements of your mobile site that can easily convey the information. Make sure images on your mobile site are light, device-responsive and easily accessible.
Optimizing your image’s file size is a sensible strategy to improve your site’s performance. One thing that you should keep in mind while optimizing your image that adjustments can reduce their quality. There are many smart ways to reduce the image’s file size without compromising on image quality.
Before you start optimizing your images, it is advised to choose the right file type.
- PNG is a good choice for posting high-quality images and large file size. This format works best for simple images with minimal colors and details. They look better without being too heavy.
- JPEG is the lossy image format that reduces the file size by eliminating some of the data in your image. It is a good image compression format that you can choose to reduce the file size without affecting its quality.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop to resize your images. Simply identify the size of your image that you want for your mobile site and use the photo editor to resize the image to the proper width and height.
- Another great option is to use an image resizer to resize your image before posting. There is a myriad variety of image resizer tools available that you can use to reduce the size of your images.
Since there are a lot of image optimization tools and programs available to choose from, here is a list of some awesome tools to optimize your images: Affinity Photo, Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, Paint.NET, GIFsicle, JPEGtran, JPEG Mini, OptiPNG, pngquant, FileOptimizer, ImageOptim, Trimage, ImageResize.org
The majority of people all around the globe are browsing on mobile devices and visiting the mobile version of websites. Therefore, Google has started using the mobile version of your website for indexing and ranking.
The ultimate goal of mobile-first indexing is to improve the search experience for mobile users by providing relevant information. It has now become crucial for nearly every business to create a mobile version of their website that is easy to use and provide relevant information to the users.
A brand with a mobile-first approach to content and design will gain higher rankings and generate more conversions from their organic traffic.
Use Free Tools to Make Sure Your Website is Mobile Friendly
Since mobile friendliness has now become an important ranking factor if your website is not mobile friendly, chances are your site will disappear from SERPs. If you are not sure whether your site is mobile friendly, there are plenty of tools that enable you to analyze your site’s mobile friendliness.
Here are some tools that you can use to check if your site is really mobile friendly or not.
Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test is an amazing tool that will allow you to make sure your website is mobile friendly. A green banner is a positive sign that your site has successfully passed the test. If not, Google will tell you the common reasons why your site is not mobile friendly.
By simply entering your URL, you will get a detailed report on the status of your site. The tool will let you know about your mobile site’s speed and which pages need your immediate attention.
The tool provides you with technical details such as web standard errors, graphics, or HTTP issues that will help you address all these issues. This actionable tool also gives you suggestions on what needs to change and provides solutions to these problems.
It is another effective tool that marketers can use to check mobile-friendliness of their website. It lets you know how your pages look on a mobile screen and give you a solid set of recommendation on how to make them look better.
You can check mobile speed, page redirects, Google access, mobile markup, mobile performance, and other important details with this tool.
The tool allows you to view how your site looks on mobile devices. It gives you a clear picture of the responsiveness of your website and finds out how user-friendly your site is.
Get Mobile Friendly Now!
Believe it or not, mobile optimization has now become an integral factor in taking online businesses to a whole new level. If you haven’t optimized your site for mobile, now is the right time to make important tweaks to your site and optimize it for mobile devices.
The quicker you can optimize your site for mobile; the quicker Google can rank you higher on search engine result pages.
So, improve the mobile experience of your website and see how your website improves its rankings accordingly.
By following the above-mentioned strategies, you can easily optimize your site for mobile searches that will eventually increase your chances of reaching a wider audience and getting maximum conversions.