Would you rather read or watch a movie?

Kennysplash

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Kennysplash said:

Actually I sleep easily when it's a movie. But books manage to keep me hooked. 

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't read a book in like 4 months already. For some reason, I don't mange to find the time to do it and the pile of books near the bed started to grow heavily because I still like to buy them yet don't read them.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For me, it really depends on the story. There are times when I crave the visual spectacle and emotional impact that a well-made movie in soap 2 day can deliver. It's like being transported to another world for a couple of hours, you know? But then there are moments when nothing beats the intimacy and depth of getting lost in the pages of a book. The ability to imagine the characters and settings in my own unique way adds a layer of personal connection that I find incredibly fulfilling.

Edited by jackworner999

• 3 weeks later...

There's something magical about getting lost in a book and letting your imagination run wild. But hey, sometimes a cozy sofa and a good movie can be just what you need to unwind after a long day. It's all about finding the right balance between books and movies to suit your mood!

Edited by Whitonwo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Whitonwo said:

There's something magical about getting lost in a book and letting your imagination run wild.

I agree, and you get the details straight from the author's mind, while in a movie, things are changed by the scenarist' own view by adding/removing things or changing the details according to their vision.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this topic and had to jump in. Personally, I'm all about movies. There's something special about seeing a story come to life on screen, ya know? 📽️ Plus, after a long day, it's so much easier to kick back and watch a flick rather than dive into a book.