If you want to have many visitors on your blog there are several things that you need to take care of. One of those things is to add great content regularly. That type of content that people would love to read and share with their friends or colleagues.
However, there are days when you don’t have enough time to research and write quality posts on your blog.In this article I’m going to share with you 7 methods to get quality content written by others for your blog.
Each method is described in detail, so you can easily replicate it and apply it on your own blog, no matter the niche you’re in.
- 0. Invite content marketers to guest post on your blog 
- 1. Allow guest posting on your blog
- 2. Organize an expert roundup
- 3. Host interviews on your blog
- 4. Enrich your old blog posts.
- 5. Use HelpAReporterOut (HARO)
- 6. Encourage comments on your post
- 7. Create a collection list post with the latest news
0. Invite content marketers to guest post on your blog 
This method was tried by us in 2019 and polished in 2020 to get high quality and well-researched content on our digital magazine. Instead of creating a write for us page (which we deleted in Feb 2020) we outreached to content marketers hired by companies in our niche (Growth Marketing, Content, SEO, Social Media and E-commerce, Agencies).
Most probably, the companies in your industry already have a blog where regularly post content for their audience. They can do this because they have a content department or an agency they work with.
So make a list with the companies in your niche and invite them to write a well-researched content for your blog and in exchange, they will get free press, traffic and a backlink.
Several tips for inviting content marketers to post on your blog
- Contact only the companies that have an active blog with great content. If their content is thin or poor don’t bother because most probably they outsource their content and don’t care too much about content marketing
- Do proper research about the company, their content/marketing department and do personalized outreach
- Show them the benefits of writing for your audience and work with them to choose a topic that’s not blatantly promotional but also education for your audience.
- And if they don’t have a blog or their blog is not updated I can’t see a reason for not telling them about your services and land a gig.
1. Allow guest posting on your blog
There aren’t many bloggers that don’t know about guest posting as this is one of the most popular methods for bloggers to get content and get backlinks on other blogs.
That’s why I will not insist too much into it but give you, briefly, some tips that will increase the chances to get better content:
a) The vast majority of bloggers do the guest post to get quality links to their website. That’s why is crucial to have good rankings. Domain Authority by Moz is the most used ranking factor by bloggers. Websites with higher DA (40+) get around 50-60 requests every month, so you will have plenty of guests posts to choose from. You can check your Domain Authority(DA) and Page Authority(PA) ranks on Moz Open Site Explorer.
As you can see our DA is only 21, at the moment, as we don’t focus much on building links. That’s why we get around 15-20 request per month. If you want to increase your DA you should focus on building quality backlinks to your blog.
b) To get guest posting requests is crucial to let your visitors know you accept them. That’s why you need to have a Write for us/ Contributors page on your blog. You may check ours here. Write for us page should be concise and should briefly explain that you accept guest posts and what are the writing guidelines writers should follow.
Your write for us page should contain the following things:
- Briefly description of who you are and what is your blog about.
- Benefits for the writers (contributor account, bio box, links etc)
- Topics you accept (blogging, SEO, social media), depending on your niche
- Article requirements (number of words, pictures, links, videos etc.)
- Contact details (where they can contact you and send you the article)
c) If you want to take one step further you may contact writers that already guest posted on other blogs. Check several blogs from your niche and look for their contributors page.
There are listed all contributors with their social media profiles and their sites so you can easily contact and invite them to write for your blog as well.
d) After you receive an article make sure it complies with your publishing rules and if it fits your audience you should publish it. Don’t forget to assign the article to a contributor account and promote it on your social media accounts. Some authors will like to publish on more sites so if you have more blogs let them know about this.
2. Organize an expert roundup
Expert roundup post is a type of blog post that features contributions by multiple experts in your niche. Typically, you as the host blogger will provide an interesting topic for discussion or a question and then reach various experts to share their opinion.
In January, we organized an expert roundup here on Monetize.info and got 3519 highly targeted visitors, around 300 new Twitter followers, 500 social media shares, 20 email subscribers and 14 new backlinks. This is the result for the first 30 days after the roundup was published. Check the expert roundup here.
You can easily replicate it whatever your niche is: finance, blogging, internet marketing, dating, you name it.
We’ve created a detailed guide on how to create an expert roundup. Follow the guide and you will have a great expert roundup post on your blog that your readers will love to read and share it with their friends.
3. Host interviews on your blog
Besides expert roundups, another way to get in touch with experts and persons with authority in your niche is to interview them on your blog.
Interviewing people is the easiest, fastest, cheapest, most versatile and reliable way to get content that I have ever found.
Consider two universal truths: 1.) everyone in the world wants to feel special and be recognized/honoured as a thought leader in an area they care about and 2.) everyone in the world cares about helping themselves out.
Asking someone if you can interview them plays off both truths beautifully in order to motivate a person to become a willing and excited participant. Over many years, the only reason anyone has ever turned me down (which has been very rarely) was because they were simply too busy to take part.
Check several interviews we did in the past:
- Interview with Rand Fishkin, CEO of Moz.
- Interview with Brent Oxley, CEO of HostGator (For the record, Brent sold HostGator for 225 US$ millions)
- Interview with Neil Patel, CEO of CrazEgg
You may interview entrepreneurs, influencers, bloggers or experts in your niche. There are several things you need to do to get an interview from this people. Here is the template I use to contact them and ask them for an interview:
I’m Daniel from Monetize.info.
We’ve just relaunched the magazine and we are wondering if you’d like to tell us more about you and your business journey. Are you interested to answer a few questions for an interview that will be published on Monetize.info?
In the past, we’ve interviewed CEOs, bloggers and business owners. See some interviews:
1. Interview with Jamie Spencer from MakeAWebsiteHub.com – https://monetize.info/interview-jamie-spencer-makeawebsitehub-com/
2. Interview with Pat Flynn from SmartPassiveIncome https://monetize.info/interview-with-pat-flynn-from-smartpassiveincome/
3. Interview with Neil Patel https://monetize.info/interview-neil-patel-co-founder-crazyegg/
We’d like to have you featured on Monetize.info.
Have a great day,
After you receive a positive response create a list of 10-12 questions about the person you interview and send them. Give a timeframe of 2-3 weeks for them to answer. Before the deadline is close you may send another email reminding them to answer the questions for the interview.
Another way is to schedule a Skype call or text, however, I found this to be quite difficult considering the fact that most of the people I interview have quite a busy schedule. However, may work for you and your niche.
4. Enrich your old blog posts.
I think you already use this technique by updating your old posts with fresh content but today we are going to take this a little bit further and we will ask others to add their input on your post and update it. Contact influential people and ask for their opinion on your post.
For instance, let’s take this post written on October 2016 – 15 Twitter Automation Tools. I would send a message to people that I know they use Twitter and ask them what tools are they using. You may rephrase the template bellow:
I’m Daniel from Monetize.info.
Just checked your Twitter profile and seen that you have a nice amount of followers. Can you check our article https://monetize.info/15-twitter-automation-tools-you-should-use/ and let us know what tool is your favorite and how you benefit using it?. If is not on the list please let us know.
I’d love to publish your contribution.
Have a great day,
You should contact at least 10-15 persons to get several responses that you can add to the post and when is updated, re-publish it. Don’t forget to contact everyone that was mentioned in the article as they will share it with their audience.
5. Use HelpAReporterOut (HARO)
HARO is a free service that provides journalists with a robust database of sources for upcoming stories and daily opportunities for sources to secure valuable media coverage. If you apply as a journalist, in exchange of coverage (and a backlink 🙂 ) on your magazine or blog you will get content written by other bloggers and writers.
There are several rules you need to follow. First two of them are that your Alexa rank should be bellow one million and your website needs to be fully launched with at least one month before submitting a request:
- In order to use HARO as a journalist, your or your media outlet’s website must have an Alexa.com ranking of one million or less. To determine the Alexa ranking of your website, please visit http://www.alexa.com/topsites and enter your website in the search box. Online television and radio shows must be hosted by their own domain that also meets our Alexa ranking criteria. Your website will be judged based on the overall Alexa traffic rank, not the traffic rank in the U.S.
- Your publication or website must be fully launched for at least a month prior to submitting a source request. Your site must also meet our Alexa.com criteria before a request may be submitted on behalf of a newly launched website.
All you have to do is to signup here, fill your profile details and add a query. After that, you will be contacted with pitches from bloggers that want to contribute to your article. You can use this technique to look for successful bloggers that you can interview on your site.
Bellow, you will see the query I’ve added to the site. On this one, I’ve received 12 pitches from bloggers that want to contribute to the article. If you have a website with better rankings/exposure you will receive way more. I’ve seen requests with almost 100 pitches.
6. Encourage comments on your post
Encourage your readers to debate and post their inputs on your posts. If you don’t have time to add new content make sure you keep the posts you already created active by letting users to comment and interact with each other.
If you check popular bloggers you will see that their posts get over 100 comments and the overall content of these comments is way longer than the article. Also if you scroll between the comments you will also get valuable questions and ideas.
There are several things you have to do to keep the discussion going:
- At the end of your blog post make a strong call to action by asking your readers to add their opinions on your work or to ask questions if they have any.
- Install this great plugin: Subscribe to comments reloaded so all the members that commented will receive an email message when a new comment is added, encouraging discussions.
- When a comment is added to your site, approve it and answer it as fast as possible. No one likes to comment and then wait for many hours or even days till they see it live.
- Create the feeling of a community around your blog encouraging users to interact. You may add a forum or a Facebook group so your readers will interact and know each other.
7. Create a collection list post with the latest news
Another way to write a blog post in a very short amount of time but still be appreciated and shared with their friends by your readers is to create a list post. All you have to do is to create a list of posts from other blogs.
With so much content written daily on the internet and so many new websites that appear online is quite difficult for readers that don’t have too much time to get quality information. That’s where you come in the picture and create curated list posts.
Examples of posts you can write on your blog: Last week news from your niche, Top Ten posts In your niche, Ten Books you should read etc.
For this article, I will create an example post using news from the SEO industry news. We are a digital marketing magazine and we focus on SEO and Social Media. These are several blogs from the SEO industry we follow: Search Engine Journal, SEORoundTable.com, Social Media Examiner, Link-Assistant Blog, SearchEngineLand.com
Title: Ten SEO Blog Posts You should read this weekend
“Single page websites are extremely popular right now. More and more companies are choosing them over-elaborate multi-page sites to meet the needs of their businesses. But does the design of your website impact your SEO? Could a single page site actually hurt your chances of ranking with Google? Below, we’ve explored some of the pros and cons of single page sites and how the simple format could potentially impact your SEO.” Read the article here
“Yesterday, during the AMA with Google session at SMX West, Google’s Gary Illyes may have confirmed the Fred algorithm update that targeted low value content on March 7th/8th.Gary said in his response to questions about this Fred update that when they discussed the industry chatter on this update, his “search leads” (I guess his bosses) decided not to discuss it with the public.” Read the article here
Add 5-10 articles with excerpts and there you have it – a brand new post on your blog.
You can use this method not only when you’re in a hurry to post something on your blog. You may transform it into a weekly or bi-weekly post for instance on Friday and also send a newsletter to all your subscribers. Call it: Friday Industry Blog Roundup or something.
There you have it: 7 methods you can use to get quality content written by others for your blog. I’ve used all these methods here on Monetize.info and other blogs and I got really good results.
I’m sure there are also other methods you can use to get content so let us know: What methods you use to get quality content on your blog. If you have questions feel free to ask. I’m really happy to help and interact with other bloggers.Download now the premium resources of these posts: PDF booklet, outreach templates, and 15 places to promote your blog posts.